Tuesday, September 16, 2008

To Boob or Not to Boob

Today's society requires that you look your best at all times or you will simply be humiliated. When did being a woman become so hard? I remember when the boys only cared that you had jugs, not that they were perfect.

Let's face it, it's a real drag on the self-esteem.

That is the reason for this whole discussion. Sorry, but it has to be discussed.
I am looking into getting a "Mommy Makeover" due to the fact that I have had three children and it is wreaking havoc on my body. Working out can only do so much. It doesn't get rid of stretch marks or darkened aeroles. All it does is put muscle behind where your boobs used to be.

Currently, I am down to the same weight as I was in high school, a whopping 115 lbs. I am actually trying to gain weight. My hubby has been great about helping me find good workouts that actually achieve results. Crunches, leg lifts, push-ups and yoga...your basics...they all work...but they only do so much. They cannot fix all of the damage that childbirthing does.

I'm not looking to undue everything...just this one little area. The one little area that seems to make the world go round.

The question that I have is, will it be worth it? Am I going to feel better about myself? Or am I going to think to myself how stupid and superficial am I that I have to do this to make myself feel good anyway? Am I just like the other bimbos walking around Silicone Valley?

Over the years I have thought these things about women who go and get breast procedures. I think they are only doing it to get attention, unless of course, it was done after a mastectomy. I even wrote a term paper about why I would never get one. At that time, it was dangerous due to the silicone implants on the market.

Here's a thought though, whether you were born flat as a board, you nursed or you had to have your breasts removed from cancer...all of the above have done nothing but utterly destroy your self-confidence and made your feel like less of a person and therefore, you deserve to feel beautiful again.

Here are a few sites to look at if you'd like to see the procedures: http://www.michellehardawaymd.com and http://www.anewyou.com

No comments: