Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers out there!!!

I know how hard it can be sometimes, especially when you have small children or teenagers (both of whom you have to keep a constant eye on.) That is why I have posted some links here for some stress relief, as well as given you my very own tried and true ways of relaxing.

As much as our significant others try to help us relax, sometimes you need a little extra tlc.
Here are my favorite ways of unwinding. Some things work for different days.

1. Go get a massage from a professional in an upscale salon. It may cost between $40
and $80 but the results are priceless. They will treat you like you are a queen
and you will come out feeling like you are floating. However, if you do go to some-
one in their house, or have them come to yours, don't be surprised if you have
interruptions. It is a home, not exactly where I would choose to take a mini-
vacation.

2. You know this one, soak in a bubble bath with some scented candles and relaxing
music. Be sure to turn up the heat so you aren't cold when you get out. Then
slather on some sweet smelling lavender lotion afterwards. Meijer sells some for
a good price, as well as Bath and Body Works ( I love their Lavender Body
Butter.)

3. Pick up a bottle of Blackstone 2005 Napa Valley Merlot or Arbor Mist Blackberry
Merlot and a bar of Hershey's Dark Chocolate. You can't go wrong here. Red wine
chocolate tastes awesome together!!!

4. Tell your significant other that you just want to sit on the couch all day and watch
a movie (Memoirs of a Geisha was what I chose, very good), eat Chinese food, and
play video games. Don't under-estimate this one. I haven't felt so relaxed than
when my husband did this for me. Even my kids jumped on board and
cleaned up while I relaxed.

5. Here are some other ideas I found on the web:
- http://www.sulger.net/soundsculptures/
- http://www.dharma-haven.org/tibetan/healing.htm
- http://sleepdisorders.about.com/cs/othertreatment/a/masstech.htm

Good luck and Happy Mother's Day!!!

~Nika

No comments: