Saturday, August 9, 2008

Saucy Tunes

Last night I had the opportunity to go to a concert with my friend and sister-in-law, Dee, to see John Butler, G-Love and Special Sauce and a couple of other bands.

Let me be honest, I was thinking that I would be in for some kind of John Mayor ho-down or something. I was happily disappointed. As it turns out, the two above-mentioned bands totally rocked and rapped the house. I was pretty surprised. Happily surprised. I would even go as far as saying impressed.

Their most famous song to date is, "Baby's Got Sauce," which I have posted here so you can decide for yourself if it is as good as I think it is.

I think what actually impressed me the most was the many talents that the lead singer of G-Love and Special Sauce had. He can sing, rap, play the guitar and the harmonic and I don't mean just play. I mean he can play.

It was clear to me that the bands involved were not influenced by just one genre of music. I heard reggae, rap, rock, blues and even a little bluegrass. It was nice to see a band perform that actually had talent. It gives me hope.

For a sample of what I heard go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6kGSN0P8HA

1 comment:

Selerines said...

Nice to see you back my friend... Keep in touch...