Friday, January 23, 2009

Kickboxing is Healthy and Fun


I know people usually are like, "Wow, you kickbox?" when I tell them that's how I work out but really it's not that big of a deal. It is however, a great workout. I always feel awesome after twenty minutes of hooks and round-houses.


So far, I haven't found a place to actually get some sparring in but I know the university where I will be attending does have a kickboxing club. I might do that on the days I am on campus. It doesn't hurt for a woman to get a little extra experience under her belt.


Here is my routine:


1. Standing and sitting toe-touches, butterfly stretch and I put one leg up onto my knee while standing then move down and touch the floor. I do that while laying on my back as well. I do a whole serious of yoga stretches, the warrior, triangle, etc.


2. I stretch my arms by interlacing them behind my back and in front of me. Then I reach up high and cross over and down to my toes. I also pull them across my chest.


3. Once I finish stretching I do 100 leg lifts, 100 crunches and 100 pushups.


4. Then I begin with forward punches, cross-over, hooks and upper cuts.


5. I begin adding my forward kicks, roundhouses and back kicks.


6. I end with a series of combos and more yoga.


I have included a photo and a link to where you may find more in depth information about kickboxing. http://www.nskenpo.com/school/programs.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi I'd like to thank you for such a great quality site!
Just thought this would be a perfect way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Hilary Driscoll
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/wizard-of-oz-party-supplies.html]wizard of oz Party Supplies[/url].